This year Sun Valley Community Church is partnering with Albertsons Grocery Store to provide more than 10,000 boxes of food to local families in need through local food banks like the Salvation Army. Through the public nature of the Out of the Box 2.0 campaign Sun Valley has intentionally chosen to be both misssional and attractional at the same time. Yes, it’s possible to be both. The power of this partnership has made it easy for people to be involved. People can pick up a box to fill and bring back to any Sun Valley Campus during normal weekend worship services. They can stop any Albertsons store and scan the UPC code on the flyer they receive at church and the food will be delivered directly to the food banks. Anyone from the community who stops by an Albertsons with an Out of the Box 2.0 display in it can participate as well. Finally Albertsons is staying open late on Sunday evening the 22nd and we’re encouraging everyone from Sun Valley to go and do their shopping for Out of the Box 2.0 that evening as the Salvation Army Trucks will be there ready to load up!
The hungry are all around us:
- 82,000 Phoenix Valley households don’t know where their next meal is coming from.
- That’s enough refrigerators to reach rim to rim and back again at the Grand Canyon!
- It’s enough dinner tables to reach the top of Camelback Mountain 130 times!
- According to the 2010 US Census Bureau the average household in Arizona has 2.63 occupants. We’re talking about 215,660 hungry people!
- That’s enough people to fill a city almost the size of Scottsdale!
If you live in the Phoenix Valley I’d like to invite you to be a part of Out of the Box 2.0 and make a real difference by changing these statistics. Follow this link to discover how you can join the movement! It’s our community…it’s our responsibility!
Want more? Check out this story below…
Posted in Leadership, Spiritual Formation