I recently was invited by Scott Ridout, who serves as the President of Converge, a movement of more than 1,300 churches to “Start and Strengthen Churches Worldwide,” to participate in a conversation about the impact of Covid-19 and the future new normal churches will be leading through.
In the conversation we discussed the new normal churches are currently leading through as a result of COVID-19 and the different approaches a church may take in the future depending upon the following 3 unique circumstances:
- A Blizzard: Is this a storm that the Church needs to weather for a moment?
- A Winter: Is this a season that we need to be prepared to get through?
- An Ice Age: Is this a prolonged event that will result in a new normal?
Along with myself and Scott Ridout the conversation was made up of the following Church Leaders:
- Craig Smith, Lead Pastor of Mission Hills Church, a large mega-church in Littleton, CO.
- Mike Schnepp, Executive Pastor at Vox Church, a fast growing multi-site church with 9 campuses across New England.
- Rod Hairston, Lead Pastor of Messiah Community Church in the Baltimore area. Rod planted the church while he was chaplain for the Baltimore Ravens (yes he has 2 Super Bowl rings). As an African American Pastor he is both experienced and articulate in the unique challenges facing multicultural congregations around the country.
- Kyle Robinson, Executive Pastor of Wooddale Church a large multisite church with 4 locations in the Minneapolis Area.
Posted in Leadership