If you missed the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit this year, no worries I’ve got you covered. I’ll be posting my notes and thoughts from each presenter over the next couple of days.
Sallie Krawcheck, the Chair of Ellevate Network and former President of Bank of America’s Global Wealth & Investment Management delivered a great talk on ethics and diversity in leadership!
- There is power in the intersection between women & money.
- Greater employee engagement leads to greater client retention.
- Diverse teams outperform more talented teams.
- Diversity can improve the ethics of a team.
- The #1 reason women accept a job is meaning & purpose.
Principles at Plat that Improve Diversity
- Recognize that differences & disagreement are strengths and can make ideas and teams stronger
- To improve diversity stop asking, “Who is the best person do to the job?” and start asking, “Do we have the strongest team?”
- Really live out your values: do you really value people?
- Realize that women are tired: make up / kids / etc.
- Watch for the micro lessons
- We give less feedback to women because we’re afraid they’re going to cry
Posted in Leadership