Danielle Strickland who serves as an Officer in the Salvation Army, an Advocate and author provided Summit attenders an incredible challenge to provide spiritual leadership to followers not just leadership skills that you’ve picked up along the way.
There’s a difference between spiritual leadership and good regular leadership
- “True peace is not the absence of conflict it’s the presence of justice” Martin Luther King Jr.
- The world is crying out for “rightness” for all of the wrong things to be made right
- Draw a horizontal line – label it “true humility” – one end of that line is insecurity the other end is arrogance
- True humility = agreeing with God about who you are
- Go in the strength you already have – you already are who you are – the leader’s job is to call people into who they already are
- God wants you for who you are
- Draw a vertical line – label it “true dependency” – the top is self sufficiency the bottom is co-dependency
- This is agreeing with God about who He is
- Most of us live our lives in such a self-sufficient manner that we don’t need God to show up except for a good parking space
- Agree with God about who you are and who He is and take that peace you find into all the world
Posted in Leadership