I’m pleased to announce a new Staff Search. Sun Valley Community Church, the church I have the honor of serving at, is beginning a national search for a Small Group Pastor to serve on our Tempe Campus. Sun Valley began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. Over the years Sun Valley has grown into a large mult-site church in the Phoenix area. Currently there are four campuses located in Casa Grande, East Mesa, Gilbert, and Tempe and with a fifth campus opening in the fall of 2016 in Queen Creek. Together nearly 7,000 people attend a Sun Valley Campus each weekend. The Tempe campus was the result of a merger in the Fall of 2011 with Bethany Community Church. In the merger, Sun Valley acquired a 16-acre, 8-building campus with over 100,000 sq. ft. under roof. At present, the campus attendance averages more than 1,200 people a week, but when fully utilized, the campus capacity will accommodate more than 6,000 people. Sun Valley has been featured in a book by Leadership Network about church mergers: Better Together: Making Church Mergers Work, and has been named by Outreach Magazine as one of the 100 fastest growing churches in the nation. To learn more about that story click here Part-1 and Part-2.
Interested in learning more? Continue reading below:
Summary of Position:
The Groups Pastor provides leadership and spiritual shepherding for Sun Valley’s Group Ministry. At Sun Valley we believe that life change happens best in the context of friendships centered on God’s Word. Groups are at the hub of everything we do. The Groups Pastor has the full support of the Lead Pastor from the stage as well as their personal involvement in a Small Group. Present groups are primarily sermon-based, however we also have other segment studies such as Women’s Bible Studies, Men’s Bible Studies, Recovery Groups as well as short term groups such as Financial Peace University and ReEnggae. This person will be a model of integrity, living out biblical truth and demonstrate the Core Values of Sun Valley – authenticity, community and generosity.
The Preferred Candidate:
- Experience leading groups, as well as building and sustaining systems that facilitate over 50 groups
- Strengths in the following areas: leadership, strategy, development, training, as well as strong relational abilities and a proven track record of demonstrating these strengths in past and/or current ministry settings.
- Ability to manage systems and people to accomplish objectives.
- Self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet loves to live life with a team.
- A minimum of an earned Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry.
- Full-time experience working in a church of over 1,000.
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- Recruit, place, and develop leaders who in turn lead and develop group leaders
- Fully integrate recovery, care and local outreach into the Group model and system
- Move people through the spiritual maturity pathway of Meet, Know, Follow
- Continue a sermon-based philosophy of groups
- Work with and improve existing systems for groups within a multi-site model
- Live what they teach and live life in a group
Interested parties should email their resume to Penny Campa
Posted in Leadership, Spiritual Formation, Staffing