This past week Jim Tomberlin the founder of MultiSite Solutions stopped by my current Coaching Network to spend some time talking all things Multisite and Mergers. He shared about how the multisite movement that originally began as a “band-aid” solution for megachurches that were out of space has quickly turned into a growth strategy for all kinds and sizes of churches. Below are 15 incredible facts that Jim in partnership with Leadership Network have discovered about the multisite church movement:
- There are 5,000 multisite churches vs 1,650 megachurches. In other words, “multi” doesn’t mean “mega.”
- 6+ million people attend a multisite church in North America (That means 1 in 10 people who attended a protestant church this past weekend attended a multisite church campus)
- 75 of the largest 100 churches in North America have multiple campuses.
- 2/3 of multisite churches are denominational churches.
- The average size that a church goes multisite is 850.
- The average size of a multisite campus is 361.
- The average total attendance of a multisite church is 1,300.
- One in three multisite churches added a campus through a merger.
- One in four multisite churches have a campus in another language.
- One in five multisite churches have birthed a “grandchild” campus. In other words a campus that the original campus started, started a campus. Make sense?
- One in 10 multisite churches have an online internet campus.
- Only half of all multisite churches utilize video to deliver the weekend teaching/preaching.
- Only 15% of all multisite churches have 4 or more geographic locations.
- The majority of multiste church campuses are within a 30 minute drive of the original campus.
- Multisite campuses have a 90 percent survival/success rate.
Interested in being a part of my next Leadership Coaching Network and getting access to great leaders like Jim? Get all the information you need by following this link!
Posted in Leadership