At Sun Valley we are one church family that meets in many different locations. As any church or organization grows there comes a point in time where oral tradition only goes so far. At some point, you’ve got to write things down. This helps provide clarity to everyone as to how to make decisions and what direction to go. After all lack of clarity is the greatest barrier to growth and speed in any organization. To that end we’ve adopted the following “Campus Constants” that every existing and future Sun Valley Campus will adopt. If you’re in a multisite church or thinking about going multisite I hope this serves as a resource to you and your church!
1. Mission:“We exist to help people meet, know, and follow Jesus.”
2. Vision: To reach as many people as we possibly can with the Gospel by growing a movement of healthy reproducing Campuses and Churches.
3. Strategy: This strategy serves as the foundation for spiritual growth.
- Meet: We help people meet Jesus through Weekend Services.
- Know: We help people know Jesus through Small Groups.
- Follow: We help people follow Jesus through opportunities to Give and Serve.
4. Cultural Values: These values are what keep us on target as we move towards our vision.
- Authenticity: Trusting Jesus and others with the real me.
- Community: Learning from Jesus through strong friendships centered around God’s Word.
- Generosity: Living like Jesus through giving and serving.
5. Leadership Distinctives: This is what we expect from those in leadership and what makes the Sun Valley Staff Culture so unique. If you’re interested in learning more about our 7 unique leadership distinctives you can follow this link.
6. Leadership Structure: At Sun Valley vision is global and leadership is local. Leadership authority and responsibility flows through the Campus Pastors and influence flows through the Ministry Champions. Every ministry of the Church at each Campus operates under one leadership structure that ultimately comes under the authority of the Board of Servant Leaders and the Lead Pastors.
7. Weekend Teaching: The Teaching Team sets the teaching schedule and serves as the primary communicators either in person or by video.
8. One Church: We choose to align the ministries on each of our Campuses, including Children’s, Students, Groups, Care, Missions, Guest Services, and Weekend Services.
9. Corporate Branding: Every Campus operates under the same branding and communication strategy including a centralized website for the Church representing all Campuses.
10. Financial Model: Every Campus shares these financial goals:
- Within 12 months, offerings from the Campus cover its ongoing ministry expenses including staffing costs.
- Within 24 months, the Campus also contributes its prorated portion of central service expenses.
- Within 36 months, the Campus also contributes towards expansion endeavors.
11. Central Services: There is one centralized process or system for administrative services including banking, budgeting, staffing, payroll, benefits, capital expenditures, I.T., facility management, lease agreements, etc.