I’m pleased to announce a new Staff Search. Sun Valley Community Church, is beginning a search for a High School Pastor to serve on our Tempe Campus. Sun Valley began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. Over the years Sun Valley has grown into a large mult-site church in the Phoenix metro area. Currently there are three campuses located in Gilbert, Tempe and Casa Grande with a total weekend attendance of over 5,000 people. Sun Valley was recently named by Outreach Magazine as one of the top 10 fastest growing churches in America. The Tempe Campus is the result of a merger in October of 2011 with Bethany Community Church. In the merger Sun Valley acquired a 16-acre, 8 building campus with over 100,000 sq. ft. under roof. Since the merger the campus has doubled in attendance and at present attendance is over 1,000. When fully utilized the campus capacity will accommodate 7,000 people. Sun Valley was recently featured in a new book by Leadership Network about church mergers: Better Together: Making Church Mergers Work. To learn more about that story click here Part-1 and Part-2.
Interested in learning more? Continue reading below…
The High School Pastor will empower teams of volunteers to develop an effective ministry to teens and their families. He will develop systems and structures in alignment with the church’s ministry, vision, values, strategies, and philosophy. He will be a team player with the rest of the Tempe team as well as the Global Student Ministry Team. He will develop a ministry that reaches the lost, leads them to Christ, establishes them in their faith, equips them to serve, and reproduces leaders. He will be a model of integrity, living out biblical truth and demonstrate the Core Values of Sun Valley – authenticity, community and generosity.
The Preferred Candidate:
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for Pastoral leadership.
- Be self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet love to live life with a team.
- Have full-time experience working in a church of over 1,000 in a similar role with a track record of above average ministry growth.
- Agree/Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- Be teachable, consistently growing as a leader and a follower.
- Have a degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry.
- Demonstrate a calling to High School Ministry (not settling for or using it as a stepping stone for future ministry).
- Passionately pursue godly and healthy relationships with High School Students and their parents.
- Implement the Sun Valley pathway of “Meet-Know-Follow” with High School Students.
- Develop successful outreach events that draw in teens from the community and lead them to Christ.
- Advance teens on the “Spiritual Maturity” pathway including large group programming and small groups.
- Equip teens to discover/develop/deploy their gifts/abilities to serve the church/community.
- Empower teens to reach their peers/impact the community/develop a heart of the world.
- Evaluate all events on their purpose and effectiveness.
- Build a culture of leadership that empowers adult volunteers to develop a ministry of excellence to High School Students and their families.
- Provide oversight to the annual High School budget.
- Work with the Global Student Ministry Team to develop a vision and strategy for accomplishing the goals of the High School Ministry.
Interested parties should email their resume to Linda Penrod
Posted in Staffing