I’m pleased to announce a new Staff Search. Sun Valley Community Church, the church I have the honor of serving at, is beginning a national search for a Jr. High Pastor to serve on our Tempe Campus. Sun Valley began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. Over the years Sun Valley has grown into a large mult-site church in the Phoenix area. Currently there are three campuses located in Gilbert, Tempe and Casa Grande with a total weekend attendance of 5,000 people. The Tempe campus was the result of a merger in October 2011 with Bethany Community Church. In the merger, Sun Valley acquired a 16-acre, 8-building campus with over 100,000 sq. ft. under roof. At present, the campus attendance is about 1,000, but when fully utilized, the campus capacity will accommodate about 7,000 people. Sun Valley was recently featured in a new book by Leadership Network about church mergers: Better Together: Making Church Mergers Work. To learn more about that story click here Part-1 and Part-2.
Interested in learning more? Continue reading below:
The Junior High Pastor will empower teams of volunteers to develop an effective ministry to teens and their families. He will develop systems and structures in alignment with the church’s ministry, vision, values, strategies, and philosophy. He will be a team player with the rest of the Tempe team as well as the Global Team. He will develop a ministry that reaches the lost, leads them to Christ, establishes them in their faith, equips them to serve, and reproduces leaders. He will be a model of integrity, living out biblical truth and demonstrate the Core Values of Sun Valley – authenticity, community and generosity.
The Preferred Candidate:
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for Pastoral leadership.
- Be self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet love to live life with a team.
- Have full-time experience working in a church of over 2,000 in a similar role with a track record of ministry growth.
- Agree/Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- Be teachable, consistently growing as a leader and a follower.
- View the role of Junior High Pastor as a long-term position, not a stepping-stone.
- Have a degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry.
- Passionately pursue godly and healthy relationships with Junior High Students and their parents.
- Implement the Sun Valley pathway of Come-Grow-Serve-Go with Junior High Students: Develop successful outreach events that draw in teens from the community and lead them to Christ. Advance teens on the “Grow” pathway including Sunday morning programming and small groups. Equip teens to discover/develop/deploy their gifts/abilities to serve the church/community. Empower teens to reach their peers/impact the community/develop a heart of the world.
- Evaluate all events on their purpose and effectiveness.
- Build a culture of leadership that empowers volunteers to develop a ministry of excellence to Junior High Students and their families.
- Provide oversight to the annual Junior High budget.
- Work with the Global Student Ministry Team to develop a vision and strategy for accomplishing the goals of the Junior High Ministry.
Interested parties should email their resume to Rebecca Johnston
Click here to download a copy of the job description.
Posted in Staffing