I’m pleased to announce a new Staff Search. Sun Valley Community Church, the church I have the honor of serving at, is beginning a national search for a Small Group Pastor to serve on our Tempe Campus. Sun Valley began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. Over the years Sun Valley has grown into a large mult-site church in the Phoenix area. Currently there are three campuses located in Gilbert, Tempe and Casa Grande with a total weekend attendance of 5,000 people. The Tempe campus was the result of a merger in October 2011 with Bethany Community Church. In the merger, Sun Valley acquired a 16-acre, 8-building campus with over 100,000 sq. ft. under roof. At present, the campus attendance is 1,000 people, but when fully utilized, the campus capacity will accommodate more than 6,000 people. Sun Valley was recently featured in a new book by Leadership Network about church mergers: Better Together: Making Church Mergers Work. To learn more about that story click here Part-1 and Part-2.
Interested in learning more? Continue reading below:
Summary of Position:
The Group Life Pastor provides leadership and spiritual shepherding for Sun Valley’s GROW ministries (Starting Point, Foundations, Small Groups, Sunday morning medium sized groups, women, etc.). At Sun Valley we believe that life change happens best in circles, not rows, therefore Group Life is at the very center of everything we do. The Group Life Pastor has the full support of the Lead Pastors from the stage, as well as in participation in groups. The emphasis on groups at the Tempe campus just began one year ago, so there is much work to be done. The Group Life Pastor must recruit and train leaders, implement a quickly expandable infrastructure, lead by example and cultivate a positive spirit throughout the church family. This leader should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large, be a team player and follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put the needs of others first. In all actions, this person should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and Vision of Sun Valley.
The Preferred Candidate:
- Experience leading groups, as well as building and sustaining systems that facilitate over 100 groups.
- Strengths in the following areas: leadership, strategy, development, teaching, as well as strong relational abilities and a proven track record of demonstrating these strengths in ministry settings.
- Self-motivation, not needing micromanagement, yet love to live life with a team.
- Full-time experience working in a church of over 1,500.
- Align with the vision, values and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- Lead and develop Coaches who, in turn, lead and develop Small Group Leaders.
- Move people from GROW (groups) to SERVE (ministry) and GO (outreach lifestyle).
- Implement a sermon-based philosophy of groups.
- Oversee all GROW ministries helping them to work toward the same goal.
- Develop systems for groups that work in a multi-site model.
- Live what they teach and live life in a group.
Interested parties should email their resume to Carri Lauffle.
Posted in Staffing