I’m pleased to announce a new Staff Search. Sun Valley Community Church, is beginning a search for a Campus Pastor to serve on our Tempe Campus. Sun Valley began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. Over the years Sun Valley has grown into a large mult-site church in the Phoenix metro area. Currently there are three campuses located in Gilbert, Tempe and Casa Grande with a total weekend attendance of over 5,500 people. Sun Valley was recently named by Outreach Magazine as one of the top 10 fastest growing churches in America. The Tempe Campus is the result of a merger in October of 2011 with Bethany Community Church. In the merger Sun Valley acquired a 16-acre, 8 building campus with over 100,000 sq. ft. under roof. Since the merger the campus has doubled in attendance and at present attendance is over 1,000. When fully utilized the campus capacity will accommodate 7,000 people. Sun Valley was recently featured in a new book by Leadership Network about church mergers: Better Together: Making Church Mergers Work. To learn more about that story click here Part-1 and Part-2.
The Campus Pastor serves as the point leader on his respective campus. His role is to lead the staff and volunteer leaders to build the Sun Valley Culture in their unique campus context. He will provide leadership to the Tempe Campus Lead Team and work in coordination with other Sun Valley Campus Pastors and Lead Pastors. He will be a model of integrity, living out biblical truth and demonstrate the Core Values of Sun Valley – authenticity, community and generosity.
Interested in learning more? Continue reading below:
The Preferred Candidate:
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for Pastoral leadership.
- Received education and training that has equipped them for vocational ministry in a large ministry context.
- Full-time experience working in a church of over 2,000 in a leadership role with a track record of leading teams through healthy ministry growth and progress.
- Agree with the vision, values, pathway, leadership distinctives, campus constants, and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- Understand and embrace the culture of Sun Valley.
- Innovative thinker who demonstrates resourcefulness regarding both people and projects.
- Strategic in nature, with the ability to see and implement the steps that it takes to get from here to there.
- Be self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet love to live life with a team.
- Reproduce and advance the Sun Valley culture in the context of Tempe, AZ.
- Champion and build organizational alignment around and through the mission, vision, values, pathway, leadership distinctives, campus constants, and doctrinal statement.
- Oversee the implementation of the goals, calendars and budgets of all ministries on the Tempe Campus.
- Work with the Central Business Department to manage the Campus Budget and Campus Operations.
- Oversee the Campus Staff and in so doing create a healthy staff team environment and leadership culture.
- Empower the congregations to reach the surrounding community with the Gospel.
- Problem solve and shepherd congregational matters.
- Participate in regular coaching, monthly training/reporting and annual job performance reviews/evaluations.
Interested parties should email their resume to Linda Penrod
Posted in Staffing