I’m pleased to announce a new Staff Search. I’m helping Desert Springs Bible Church as they begin the search for their new Student Ministries Pastor. Desert Springs Bible Church was planted in the 1970’s to reach the growing North Phoenix community and grew to as many as 800 in regular attendance. Currently, at 600 in attendance, Desert Springs has gone through a period of renewing their mission, vision, values, and transitioning the worship style to appeal to a new demographic of 30-somethings with kids, which better reflects the personality of the community. Desert Springs has a history of a Student Ministry that “out performs” the national average of 10% of the weekend attendance! Poised to move forward, Desert Springs is looking for the right person to join the team and help lead into the future!
Desert Springs Bible Church is located in Paradise Valley Village, just northeast of Phoenix, Arizona. A middle-upper class community, the area boasts beautiful outdoor living at the Phoenix Mountain Preserve System including biking, hiking, equestrian trails and other outdoor recreational activities. The community is also convenient to shopping, golfing, and resorts. With it’s proximity to Phoenix, Paradise Valley Village provides all the benefits of small town living with the appeal and amenities that come from being close to a major city.
The Student Ministry Pastor will recruit, build and empower teams of volunteers to develop intentional ministry to teens and their families. He will develop systems and structures in alignment with the church’s mission, vision, values, spiritual maturity pathway, and philosophy. He will be a team player with the rest of the Desert Springs Staff Team. He will develop a ministry that builds environments in which students who don’t know Jesus are reached with the Gospel, help them get connected in small groups and grow in their faith, and develop them to reach their peers. He will be a model of integrity, living out biblical truth and demonstrate the Core Values of Desert Springs Bible Church.
Interested in learning more? Continue reading below:
The Preferred Candidate:
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for Pastoral leadership.
- The successful candidate will have earned a minimum of an undergraduate degree in Biblical Studies that has prepared them for full-time pastoral ministry.
- Agree with the Mission, Vision, Values and Doctrinal Statement of Desert Springs Bible Church.
- Full-time experience working in a church of over 500 in a leadership role with a track record of leading teams through healthy ministry growth and progress.
- 3-5 years of progressively responsible ministry and Student Ministry leadership experience working with a group of 80+ teens
- Innovative thinker who demonstrates resourcefulness regarding both people and projects.
- Strategic in nature, with the ability to see and implement the steps that it takes to get from here to there.
- Self-motivated leader who doesn’t need micromanagement but loves to live life and do ministry in a team context.
- Develop an intentional ministry strategy that aligns with the overall vision of the church and builds environments that reach students who don’t know Jesus with the Gospel, helps them get connected in small groups and grow in their faith, and develop them to reach their peers.
- Build a ministry through recruiting delegating to and empowering an adult volunteer team.
- Effectively communicate and relate to a myriad of audiences including students, adult volunteers, parents, and the Church Staff.
- Build the administrative structures and policies to support a thriving student ministry.
- Partner with the parents of students, providing shepherding and acting as a resource.
Interested parties should submit their resume here via email.
Posted in Staffing