There is a blind spot that every “Type A” driving leader has when it comes to self-reflection
The Illusions of Leaders: things you think are true about Leadership but aren’t really true
- The Illusion that you can carry ever increasing amounts of speed in your life and you can simultaneously keep your soul moving in the same way
- The Illusion that you can do it alone
- Who you are connected to determines your ability to execute strategy. Connection increases your capacity.
- No Connection
- Isolation = your brain doesn’t work in isolation
- Leadership can force you into a corner of isolation
- Bad Connection
- Leaves us feeling that I can’t meet expectations
- Good Connection
- Fake or pseudo good – we connect with something that makes us feel good (illicit relationship, success, addictions, etc.)
- Real Connection
- I must walk into that corner with my needs being known to another person
- Illusion of Achievement
- Exhaustion and isolation come from to do lists, productivity, hustle, and achievement
- Love is not in the numbers, reports, or achievements…it’s in the other stuff…it’s something that you receive.
- Satisfaction audit on a 10 scale
- Are you chasing something that is ultimately going to leave you unsatisfied?
Posted in Leadership