It was incredible to sit and listen to Bill Hybles have a conversation with Mark Burnett, four-time Emmy Award Winner and Executive Producer of Survivor, The Voice and The Bible among other shows.
- In business, there are a lot of “No’s.” No just means “next opportunity.”
- The Bible is a calling. When Jesus says to do something you get your #@% off the couch and do something
- Stop playing defensively and start playing offensively. Stop apologizing. Be offensive.
- Choose your companions before you choose your road
- Hire the right people empower them and stay out of their way
- Not everybody is the right body on the team
- If someone pitched a show without a budget and a schedule I’d think they’re crazy, irresponsible, and they’d be fired tomorrow
- The easiest thing to do is to waste money and overspend.
- What we’re doing is fun but it’s not a game
- Making Christian shows or movies doesn’t give you permission to make it crappy
Posted in Leadership