I’m pleased to announce a new Staff Search. Sun Valley Community Church, the church I have the honor of serving at, is beginning a national search for two new full-time Worship Leaders/Pastors. Sun Valley began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. Over the years Sun Valley has grown into a large mult-site church in the Phoenix metro area. Currently there are four campuses located in Casa Grande, East Mesa, Gilbert, and Tempe with a total weekend attendance of more than 6,000 people. A fifth campus will also be opening in Queen Creek towards the end of 2016! Sun Valley has been named by Outreach Magazine as one of the top 10 fastest growing churches in America. Sun Valley has also been featured in a book by Leadership Network about church mergers: Better Together: Making Church Mergers Work. To learn more about that story click here Part-1 and Part-2.
The Worship Leader/Pastor will support the vision of Sun Valley by leading teams that create and execute engaging, Christ-centered musical worship experiences. They will work with the Creative Arts Team to support the overall Weekend Worship Experience with video, tech, lighting and creative elements that enhance the weekend experience. They will be a model of integrity, living out biblical truth and demonstrate the Core Values of Sun Valley – authenticity, community and generosity!
Click below to learn more!
The Preferred Candidate:
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for Biblical leadership.
- Be self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet love to live life with a team.
- Full-time experience in a church of 1,000+ in a similar role with an above average ministry track record.
- Possess the musical, technical, and vocal ability to lead Worship effectively in the context of SVCC.
- Agree/Align with the vision, values, leadership distinctives, and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- Be teachable, consistently growing as a leader and a follower.
- Work with SVCC Worship Leaders to lead the overall Weekend Worship Service Experience at our Campuses in partnership with the Global Creative Arts Team to deliver video, lighting, sound, music, and other creative elements.
- Actively participate in the Global Creative Arts Team Creative Process from concept to completion.
- Lead with the Campus Lead Teams to implement the vision, values, and spiritual maturity pathway of SVCC.
- Understand and intentionally think through the filter of non-believers in designing elements for our Weekend Worship Services.
- Recruit, develop, and lead teams of volunteer musicians.
- Develop future Worship Leaders.
- Influence other Worship Experiences including but not limited to Children’s, Students, and Celebrate Recovery.
Interested parties should email their resume to Linda Penrod
Posted in Leadership