Bill Hybels opened the Global Leadership Summit. Hybels is the founder and Senior Pastor of Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, IL. He also the founded The Global Leadership Summit, now in over 200 U.S. sites and over 260 cities worldwide including 85 countries.
- Giving people words and phrases to express your values & culture is about 50% of building that culture
- …it could happen, and our world is screwed up enough that it needs to happen…
- Everyone wins, when a leader gets better
- Matt. 16:18 I will build my church & the gates of hell will not stand against it
- Who is building the church, He is, and He will not allow it to be easily defeated
- Have you ever been to a church that was so weak and sick that you wanted to protect people from coming to it so they wouldn’t get an incorrect view of what God was like?
- It’s one thing to see a vision it’s another to be seized by one
- A vision is a picture of the future that produces passion in people
- Will the local church, the hope of the world, be able to sustain itself until the end of time?
- The church will outlive and outlast every other dynasty and empire because of who is building and sustaining it
- This is the only thing that Jesus is doing between now and the end of time
- The core of leadership is trust
- By the level of trust we have, we can lead people from here to there. When we lose trust it can all come to a grinding halt.
Posted in Leadership