I’m pleased to announce a new Staff Search. Sun Valley Community Church, the church I have the honor of serving at, is beginning a national search for a Children’s Pastor to serve on our Tempe Campus. Sun Valley began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. Over the years Sun Valley has grown into a large multi-site church in the Phoenix area. Currently there are three campuses located in Casa Grande, Gilbert, and Tempe with a total weekend attendance of nearly 6,000 people and in recent years was named by Outreach Magazine as one of the top 10 fastest growing churches in America. The Tempe Campus was the result of a merger in October 2011 with Bethany Community Church. In the merger Sun Valley acquired a 16-acre, 8-building campus with over 100,000 sq. ft. under roof. At present, the campus attendance is 1,200 people but when fully utilized, the campus capacity will accommodate more than 6,000 people. Sun Valley was recently featured in a new book by Leadership Network about church mergers: Better Together: Making Church Mergers Work. To learn more about that story click here Part-1 and Part-2.
Interested in learning more? Continue reading below…
The Children’s Pastor serves as the point leader for Children’s Ministry on their respective campus. Their role is to lead the Children’s staff and volunteer leaders to create a fun, safe and relational environment for children (birth – the 4th grade) to meet, know, and follow Jesus.
The Preferred Candidate:
- Demonstrate a track record of spiritual maturity and character consistent with the biblical requirements for biblical leadership.
- Received education and training that has equipped them for vocational ministry in a large ministry context.
- Full-time experience working in a church of over 1,000 in a leadership role with a track record of leading teams through healthy ministry growth and progress.
- Agree with and embrace the culture, vision, values, pathway, leadership distinctives, campus constants, and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- Innovative thinker who demonstrates resourcefulness regarding both people and projects.
- Strategic in nature, with the ability to see and implement the steps that it takes to get from here to there.
- Be self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet love to live life with a team.
- Reproduce and advance the Sun Valley Children’s Ministry culture, best practices, systems and ministry environments at the Tempe Campus.
- Execute the vision of Sun Valley Kids through strategic planning, implementation and alignment with Sun Valley Kids constants, ongoing evaluation of SVKids environments, and oversight of the ministry budget.
- Empower SVKids staff and volunteers to lead the ministries of SVKids through creating a culture of leadership recruitment, development, training, and reproduction.
- Encourage SVKids staff and volunteers through prayer, spiritual direction and development of a fun, creative and relational team environment.
- Build and leverage momentum within SVKids to reach the surrounding community with the Gospel through a personal, unrelenting and catalytic passion for the mission to help people meet, know and follow Jesus.
- Partner with the SVKids Preschool and Kindergarten to build cultural consistency and an intentional pathway from the community to the church.
Interested parties should email their resume to Penny Campa
Posted in Staffing