I’m pleased to announce a new Staff Search. Sun Valley Community Church, the church I have the honor of serving at, is beginning a national search for a GroupLife Pastor to serve on our Gilbert Campus. Sun Valley began as a church plant in 1990 in Chandler, Arizona. Over the years Sun Valley has grown into a large mult-site church in the Phoenix area. Currently there are three campuses located in Casa Grande, Gilbert, and Tempe with a total weekend attendance of over 5,000 people and in recent years was named by Outreach Magazine as one of the top 10 fastest growing churches in America. The Gilbert Campus is the original and largest campus with over 3,500 in weekly average attendance. Sun Valley was recently featured in a new book by Leadership Network about church mergers: Better Together: Making Church Mergers Work. To learn more about that story click here Part-1 and Part-2.
Interested in learning more? Continue reading below…
Summary of Position:
The GroupLife Pastor provides leadership and spiritual shepherding for Sun Valley’s Group Ministry. At Sun Valley we believe that life change happens best in the context of friendships centered on God’s Word. GroupLife is at the hub of everything we do. The GroupLife Pastor has the full support of the Lead Pastor from the stage as well as their personal involvement in a Small Group. Present groups are primarily sermon-based, but there are also other segment studies such as Women’s Bible Studies, Men’s Bible Studies, Single’s Groups, and Recovery Groups. The GroupLife Pastor should develop infrastructure for this area that is in keeping with the churches ministry strategies and philosophy. This person will be a model of integrity, living out biblical truth and demonstrate the Core Values of Sun Valley – authenticity, community and generosity.
The Preferred Candidate:
- Experience leading groups, as well as building and sustaining systems that facilitate over 100 groups
- Strengths in the following areas: leadership, strategy, development, training, as well as strong relational abilities and a proven track record of demonstrating these strengths in past and/or current ministry settings.
- Self-motivated, not needing micromanagement, yet loves to live life with a team.
- A minimum of an earned Bachelor’s Degree in an area of concentration that has equipped them for vocational ministry.
- Full-time experience working in a church of over 2,000.
- Align with the vision, values, and doctrinal statement of Sun Valley Community Church.
- Recruit, place, and develop leaders who in turn lead and develop group leaders
- Fully integrate recovery, care and local outreach into the GroupLife model and system
- Move people through the spiritual maturity pathway of helping people meet, know, and follow Jesus
- Continue a sermon-based philosophy of groups
- Work with and improve existing systems for groups within a multi-site model
- Live what they teach and live life in a group
Interested parties should email their resume to Linda Penrod
Posted in Staffing