- What is your personal growth plan?
- Transformation never happens in the organization without transformation first happening within the heart of the leader.
- Make a few decisions and manage them daily
The Law of Intentionality: Growth doesn’t just happen
- Personal growth doesn’t happen on accident, it’s not an automatic process
- “You make the choice and then the choice you make makes you.” John Wooden
- The choices you make now determine who you are going to be the rest of your life
- People always want to change their circumstances, but they never want to change their lives…everything gets better when we get better
- The secret of growing intentionally is doing it every day
- The secret of your success is determined by your daily agenda
- You’re either repairing or preparing
- Your personal growth plan has to be simple, applicable, tangible, something I can do every day
The Law of Awareness: We must know ourselves to grow ourselves
- I have to know me, to grow me
- Requirement: what’s required of me, what do I have to do?
- Return: what gives me the greatest return? What do I do well? Put your personal growth development towards your strengths, not your weaknesses.
- Reward: what gives me the greatest rewards? When I do it, it is satisfying and brings me life.
The Law of Environment: growth thrives in conducive surroundings.
- We grow when we get around the right people, the right place, the right environment for our growth.
Maxwell’s Growth Environment:
- A place where others are ahead of me
- A place where I am continually challenged
- A place where my focus is forward
- A place where the atmosphere is affirming
- A place where I am often out of my comfort zone and I’m in over my head (if you’re out of your comfort zone you’ll swim, if you’re out of your comfort zone and out of
- A place where I wake up and I’m excited
- A place where failure is not my enemy
- A place where everyone is growing
- A place where others are willing to change
- A place where growth is modeled and expected
Posted in Leadership