If you missed the Willow Creek Global Leadership Summit this year, no worries I’ve got you covered. I’ll be posting my notes and thoughts from each presenter over the next couple of days.
Craig Groeschel is the founder and Senior Pastor of LifeChurch.tv, known for using innovative technology to spread the Gospel to multiple locations around the U.S. and globally via Church Online. Craig closed out summit with an incredible talk about expanding your leadership capacity.
Expanding your Leadership Capacity
- Ephesians 3:20-21
- Your brain does not understand what you are capable of – you don’t know what you’re capable of
- There is way more inside of you than you could even imagine
- Capacity = what you can handle / what you can produce
- As your organization grows your mindset needs to change
- If you don’t change the way you think you become the lid on the organization
- Any time my organization needs to change I assume I have to change the way I think
#1 Build your Confidence
- Your words give you away
- Language of the lid: not enough hours in the day, not enough of me to go around, etc.
- Change your self-talk
- Take 1 step forward out of your self-talk and into the calling of God
- The pathway to your greatest potential is through your greatest fear
#2 Expand your Connections
- Show me who you listen to and I will show you who you are becoming
- You may be one relationship away from changing the course of your history
- Don’t copy what they do, learn how they think
- When you think…”That’s not true in my context,” that’s probably the area you need to listen and grow in the most
#3 Improve your Competence
- You may not know what it is, but everyone else around you knows what it is.
- Delegation = building followers
- Empowerment = building leaders
#4 Strengthen your Character
- Talent will get you to the top but character will keep you there
- If your character is not strengthening your future is weakening
- You and I need to check our lives for leaks
- Eliminate future temptation today
- Why would I resist a temptation tomorrow when I can eliminate it today?
- That’s not weak, it’s wise
- Your are only as strong as you are honest
#5 Increase your Commitment
- Stop kinda trying to do something
- We will not stop until our marriage honors Jesus and blesses future generations
- To reach people no one is reaching we will do things no one else is doing
- How bad you want something determines what you will do to get it
Posted in Leadership