With 2013 quickly approaching most Churches and Ministries are getting ready to enter into a period of planning and goal setting for the new ministry year. Goal setting can be an effective tool to take tangible steps that lead you and the overall organization towards making vision become reality. But how do you know if the goals you’re setting are the right ones? Here’s a quick list to get you going the right direction:
1. The right goals result in overall church progress not just individual ministry progress
2. The right goals provide a clear target for movement and track winning
3. The right goals change the status quo
4. The right goals force you to lead at a higher level
5. The right goals raise the level of involvement and leadership of those around you
6. The right goals keep you from settling for current success
So what’s missing from the list? What would you add?
Need help figuring out how to make the vision God’s given you become reality? Let’s talk!
Posted in Leadership