Session 3 of Leadercast was a treat! We had the opportunity to hear from Archbishop Desmond Tutu. Beyond the wealth of personal – literally world-changing leadership – experience he brought to the table, his laugh was incredibly infectious!
“Imagine a world where leaders didn’t make decisions based only on strategy or economics, but what was best for everyone involved.”
- We are made for each other and to be dependent on one another. We need one another to know what it means to be human and be a person.
- Poor leadership (brutality) hurts the leaders and those being poorly led. No one escapes unharmed.
1. Good Leaders Listen
- They listen to everyone, even people they don’t agree with.
- They act in the good of all.
2. Good leaders are accountable.
- They have nothing to hide.
3. Good leaders lead.
- They know the way and are in place to navigate, guide, and support.
- They don’t make decisions to to be popular.
4. Good Leaders Know When to Retire
- Then with that infectious laugh he ended his talk and walked off stage!
Posted in Leadership